S06A

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

outdoor activities suck

hey, so guys how was ice skating? i realise you guys haven't actually talked much about it, and i haven't seen any of hammy's pictures. haha anyway on saturday i usually go cycling with my neighbours, but this time i felt bad that i didn't get achance to go ice skating, so i decided to roller blade, assuring them that i wouldn't lag behind.

holy crap, what a mistake. the whole time i didn't manage to learn , or even begin to know, how to brake. any time i wanted to brake i had to roll to a stop over 20 metres or so. at first i tried braking by tilting both feet back like i did in primary school. this ended with me spinning clockwise until i fell....only later did i realise this was because my skates had a brake on the right skate only....

the real breaking point came when i was headed for this junction (this is in bishan park btw) and there was a lady walking on the foot path. i had two choices, "try" to brake and risk running her over (causing serious injury with my rock hard muscular body), or i could just fall onto the grass. haha luckily for her i chose the latter. but by then i had enough and i just sat down there till my neighbours realised i was gone and they cycled back to get me.

oh and that lady didnt help me even though i fell again in front of her as i tried to get up. sigh, it must be my face.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home